Skip to main content


Showing posts from April, 2023

Do You Need to File for US Federal Tax Returns?

  What is a US Federal Tax Return? A US federal tax return is a document that reports your income, deductions, and credits to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). The IRS uses this information to determine how much tax you owe or how much refund you are entitled to.     Who Needs to File for US Federal Tax Returns? If you are an international student or non-resident alien in the US, you may need to file for US federal tax returns if you meet any of the following criteria:  - You earned income in the US during the tax year (January 1 to December 31).  - You received a scholarship or fellowship that exceeds your qualified education expenses.  - You received income from a US source that is subject to withholding tax (such as dividends or rental income).  - You had a taxable capital gain from the sale of a US property.   How to File for US Federal Tax Returns? To file for US federal tax returns, you need to complete and submit Form 1040NR or Form 1040NR-EZ. These forms