Dental implants are one of the best ways to handle missing teeth. When there are teeth missing, your jawbones can deteriorate and the surrounding teeth can tip-in causing a whole host of problems such as poor bite alignment, pain, headaches and an unsightly smile. Dental implants in Calgary will fuse to your jawbones, making them extremely strong and functioning like regular teeth. This makes them the most effective and preferred treatment for missing teeth.
One thing that can often deter patients from choosing dental implants in Calgary is the cost. Dental implants require a few steps to implant the metal into your jaw and to create and place the crown on top. You may also require grafting to rebuild bone is there has been significant bone loss due to decay or injuries. All of these procedures require precision, time and resources so the cost can be much higher than other solutions such as dentures or dental bridges, but because of the function and durability of dental implants, they are the most cost effective treatment over the long run. When you factor in how long they last and all of the benefits, dental implants in Calgary are actually the most affordable choice.
Here are a few reasons why dental implants in Calgary are the best option:
● Because dental implants are fused with your jawbone, they are much sturdier and more resilient than dentures or bridgework.
● Bridgework relies on the integrity of the surrounding teeth for support, whereas implants are drilled directly into the bone. Implants also prevent damage to other teeth. Unlike dentures, dental implants help avoid bone loss since the implants replace the tooth and the root.
● A huge advantage of dental implants in Calgary is their natural appearance. Again, because they replace the tooth and its root, the implant is placed against the gum, giving it a very natural appearance. Regardless of the cosmetic, superficial appearance, implants function like real teeth. There is no “clicking” like with dentures and limited difficulties like with dentures and bridgework.
● Caring for dental implants is no different than how you care for your natural teeth. There is no extra care like with dentures or bridgework. Implants are incredibly durable, which makes them stand up to natural wear and tear like your normal teeth.
● The success rate in those who have gotten dental implants in Calgary is 98%.
As you can see, there are many benefits to getting dental implants, especially that they are long lasting and protect the rest of your mouth. There is no maintenance or follow-up care required. When you look at the cost over the lifetime of your dental implants in Calgary, they become much more affordable and convenient than the other options you may be considering.
Your Calgary dentist can provide you with more details on the actual cost of dental implants in Calgary for you. Each situation is quite different, so visit your dentist if you are considering implants so they can assess your needs a provide an accurate quote.
Post a Comment