For kids who love to move, or are interested in learning more about a dance style, taking lessons at a dance school in SW Calgary will help you to get there. It is common to think that all dance schools are the same, but that is definitely not the case. Each dance school has specific strengths. Some may offer different style options, some follow different courses for a particular style (such as ballet) and the teachers, other students and overall atmosphere make a big difference.
When you are looking for a dance school near me in Calgary, there are many things to consider. Each of the aspects mentioned above is the thing you should review before choosing a dance school in SW Calgary. Here is some more information.
1. What dance style options do they offer? - There are so many different dance styles such as ballet, tap, hip hop, jazz, acro, contemporary, musical theatre and more. Not every studio will have a dance teacher qualified to lead a class so they may not offer all styles. Discuss with your child which styles or styles they are interested in and then check the studio's website to ensure they offer what you require.
2. Which courses and syllabus do they follow? - If your child is looking to learn a specific style of tap, ballet or jazz, you may want to check which syllabus or styles the dance studio works within. Not every studio automatically uses the same one and this may matter if your child is already started their programming.
3. What day and time are their classes? - Check the studio schedule to ensure they have the style of dance your child wants to do available at times and on days that are convenient for your family. You’ll also want to ensure the location is easily accessible for you at that time of day.
4. What are their policies like? - Some studios have strict policies around dress code, cancellations policies, recitals, exams and more. Be sure to look at these before you make a commitment.
5. Do you and your child enjoy the studio? - Review videos and their website, as well as visit the studio in person to ensure you and your child enjoy the atmosphere and feel good with the studio team.
6. Were the teachers friendly? - While visiting the studio, be sure to talk with the teachers your child will work with to ensure their feel comfortable with them.
7. Are there happy students and parents in the studio community? - Look for testimonials, reviews and other parents and students coming and going that seem happy and fulfilled. A great dance studio in SW Calgary will have students that stay progressive in their learning year after year and parents who are engaged in participating in the studio's activities.
There can often be a big difference between dance schools, so when choosing a dance school near me, look into each of these details to know that you’re truly getting the best fit for you and your child.