A Pollution License is an environmental permit. It is a pollution control legal document issued by the government authority or regulatory body to control pollution from commercial and industrial activities.
It is mandatory for businesses that release trade effluents into the environment like air, water and land. Environmental hazards like medical wastes, chemical wastes, fly ash, smoke emissions and detergent remains are known as trade effluents.
How to obtain pollution license for business online?
1. Before getting a Pollution License to start the business, one must get a consent certificate called Consent to Establish
2. Consent to Establish is to be obtained before conducting any activities before business initiation. After obtaining consent certificate, one can construct the building where they intend to carry out the core business activities.
3. After constructing the building, get Consent to operate that is also known as pollution license and both these consent certificates are to be obtained from the State board pollution control board.
4. Once one obtain pollution certificate, it remains valid for five years. The duration may vary as per the state where the business is conducted.
Industries eligible for obtaining pollution license
1. Red Category
2. Orange Category
3. Green Category
List of documents required for pollution certificate
1. The detailed layout of the project location
2. Satellite image of project location
3. A project report with all the relevant details of raw materials and manufacturing processes
4. Environment statement
5. Investment proof
6. NOC compliance report
7. Effluent treatment plant’s completion certificate
8. Compliance with environmental clearance certificate
9. A detailed pollution control proposal
10. PAN and Aadhar card copies of proprietor/partners/directors
11. Land ownership documents – sales deed
12. Ambient air quality reports (additional document that may be required)
13. Site plans or index presenting the surroundings
Steps to obtain online pollution certificate for factory
1. Get Consent to Establish or No Objection Certificate from the State pollution control board’s regional office.
2. After obtaining NOC, fill out the application form with all the details regarding site location, business, industry registration and more. Submit the application form along with the required documents to the regional officer of the State pollution control board
3. Also, one can log in the respective State pollution control board official website and get online pollution certificate for factory operations.
The long list of the documents and the government processes to obtain the pollution license may be complex for many businesses and thus it is imperative to seek an expert help to better know the environmental compliances and documents. A professional service provider will help their client arrange all the documents for the online pollution license application. They will make the entire process of obtaining online pollution certificate easy and hassle-free.